symphonia
Posté : mer. 30 sept. 2026 00:03
Hello, I am currently building a *symphonia* and would appreciate some input. I’ve built two previously: one spanning an octave and a sixth (tuned C3-G4-C4), and a slightly larger one covering two full octaves with the same tuning.
However, I’ve noticed that both develop a "wolf note" around the E–F range. The second instrument is slightly less affected because it has a thicker soundboard, and the issue can be dampened by carefully positioning the cotton packing; still, I wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this. I find it odd that two different builds share a similar problem, so I suspect the soundboard thickness is the culprit—what do you think?
However, I’ve noticed that both develop a "wolf note" around the E–F range. The second instrument is slightly less affected because it has a thicker soundboard, and the issue can be dampened by carefully positioning the cotton packing; still, I wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this. I find it odd that two different builds share a similar problem, so I suspect the soundboard thickness is the culprit—what do you think?
